Internet gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlightman

Baseband Member
I just upgraded from dial up to broadband and ever since I did I cant play games like yahoo pool and pogo pool becouse it freezes up after a few seconds. I never had this problem with dial up. I did a virus scan and it said I had a trojan horse java somethin in a jar file or? So I deleted the file then I deleted the entire java file and then re-downloaded it "sun microsystems java" but it is still doin the same thing... I did another virus scan but it says im clean now so i dont know whats wrong.

How about you uninstall browser and java. Then restart, redownload browser and java, install browser and java. Then should be good to go.

I already did that with my java but I havent dont that withmy browser. what is the best free browser ? and where do i download it?

I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and it still doing the same thing... so it cant be my browser. Anybody have any idea of what the problem could be?

What kind of "broadband" connection are you using? Cable or DSL? What are you upload/download bandwidth speeds? Are you wireless or hardwire connected to your router/modem?

Im am on a cable modem through comcast, Im not sure exactly what my download and upload speeds are but I can download songs in about 25 seconds so my download speed is pretty fast and I am not wireless.

And you did better on dialup? Playing Yahoo pool? How about some adware/spyware/virus protection. You need that on Windows machines. Glad those days are behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom