Internet explorer won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocksrus2

Beta member
I have an XP OS and everything was running fine. One day explorer and internet exploer 6 stopped opening. I discovered that internet explorer will work under administrator but will not run under a regular user. I don't think anything was downloaded to the system. Can anyone tell me what causes this problem and how to fix it. Help.
Thank you

go to add/remove programs in control panel... and basically try to reinstall IE6. At some point in the process, you should get an option to "repair" the current install. Give that a shot.

Hmm, maybe u messed around with the security level, so users cant access it, but admin can?... check the security it.

'Right click, Properties -->Click the security Tab, and click users, click full controle'

Search for a file called ie6setup.exe, and try to run it. If all else fails, get your hands on a copy of mozilla

good advice param except for the fact if u would have gone and looked on the windows component screen windows even tells u that when u remove it from the add/remove components all it does is remove access to internet explorer from the start menu. if u have xp go look yourself highlite IE and look at the description.
now i do agree that running sfc will repair IE but if u want a complete reinstall then u have to do what i posted earlier, if it was that easy to uninstall and reinstall i wouldnt have ppl goin into their registry
best regards.

Have you tried to run ie6setup.exe yet?

Its in the c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom