Internet Explorer will not display web pages - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Internet Explorer will not display web pages

Hello all.

I have a home user that is having trouble with IE on one of his kids XP Home accounts (one computer multilple accounts). I will refer to the problem account as Jane's.

The PC will connect to the internet under Jane's account. But when you click on IE, the window opens, but remains white...not loading any page. It stays in this state. When you go to the task manager it shows IE under the Applications tab as "Not Responding". All the other accounts on the PC run IE with no problems.

This PC does have some malware on it, including virtual bouncer and bridge that i am providing removal tools for. I am also providing the guy with Hijack This.

I am just curious if any of you hot rod techies have run into a similar IE problem and if you think it could be related to the malware or if is a different problem all by itself.

would appreciate the help. Thanks

Old 05-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Internet Explorer will not display web pages

Quote:
Originally posted by mycat8toto
Hello all.

I have a home user that is having trouble with IE on one of his kids XP Home accounts (one computer multilple accounts). I will refer to the problem account as Jane's.

The PC will connect to the internet under Jane's account. But when you click on IE, the window opens, but remains white...not loading any page. It stays in this state. When you go to the task manager it shows IE under the Applications tab as "Not Responding". All the other accounts on the PC run IE with no problems.

This PC does have some malware on it, including virtual bouncer and bridge that i am providing removal tools for. I am also providing the guy with Hijack This.

I am just curious if any of you hot rod techies have run into a similar IE problem and if you think it could be related to the malware or if is a different problem all by itself.

would appreciate the help. Thanks

If that doesn't help try doing an IE repair.
Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Click remove IE and internet tools>Click on repair, click ok or continue.
If that doesn't work, you can always do what I did, use the mozilla suite. It's far better than IE 6 anyway. It has all kinds of things built in, including a pop-manager, image manager, forum manager, cookie manager, and it even has a translate page button. The translate page auto detects what language is on the site and converts it to your language.

www.mozilla.org
I use version 1.7rc2.
Closed Thread