Internet Explorer problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bud8fan said:
When in doubt just dont use it!

Downloaded Firefox and transferred all my bookmarks!

Seems much faster than IE and so far so good!

I see***************this was just a setup for firefox!!!!!!!

And to think you were nervous about uninstalling ie Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tell me, what browser did you use to dl firefox

used IE browser! LOL!!!!

and i had no intention of doing this until i searched the archives and heard all the good things!

We shall see?

bud8fan said:
used IE browser! LOL!!!!

and i had no intention of doing this until i searched the archives and heard all the good things!

We shall see?

you must feel great that you solved your ie problem by replacing it with firesquirl uh imean firefox

derrmc said:
you must feel great that you solved your ie problem by replacing it with firesquirl uh imean firefox

Why do you say that? Sure I would have felt better if I had solved the problem of IE but the time I have put in in the past few days was really getting to me! So I will ! For now avoid the problem and tackle it later with a fresh mind! :D

I am sure you know that I wasnt about to get anything accomplished with sending error reports to Microsoft!!!!:mad:

bud8fan said:
Why do you say that? Sure I would have felt better if I had solved the problem of IE but the time I have put in in the past few days was really getting to me! So I will ! For now avoid the problem and tackle it later with a fresh mind! :D

I am sure you know that I wasnt about to get anything accomplished with sending error reports to Microsoft!!!!:mad:

Because I gave you a suggestiion to try-no guts no glory

Your right on that! but the guts will come after the weekend!

I will definitely post if I figure out whats causing the mess!

Thanks again for the assistance!

From your HijackThis! log, I see something that might be causing the problem.

You appear to be using the H: drive (or partition) to boot Windows. It appears everything is off the H: drive. But for some reason, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express appear to be running from drive C: :confused: ...that may have something to do with the problem.
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Try locking the partition (so your computer can't use it) and running IE from H:/Program Files/Internet Explorer...

On the other hand, Firefox is a far superior browser to Internet Explorer, so enjoy. :cool:

qiranworms said:
From your HijackThis! log, I see something that might be causing the problem.

You appear to be using the H: drive (or partition) to boot Windows. It appears everything is off the H: drive. But for some reason, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express appear to be running from drive C: :confused: ...that may have something to do with the problem.

Try locking the partition (so your computer can't use it) and running IE from H:/Program Files/Internet Explorer...

On the other hand, Firefox is a far superior browser to Internet Explorer, so enjoy. :cool:

First off thanks for the reply!

Second how do I lock the partition?
and third I totally agree that Firefox is superior and I have only used it for a little more than a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom