Internet Explorer 11 Performance

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello all. Ever since our business moved to Internet Explorer 11, we seem to be having performance issues on mostly everyone's PCs. A lot of users complain that when opening IE 11, it will take sometimes 3-7 seconds for different hyperlinks to work on our Intranet page and that it will randomly hang up. I've checked into our GPO and make the following changes:
Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Unchecked "automatically detect settings"
Internet Options > Advanced > Unchecked "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"

I've also tried disabling some unnecessary addons, but didn't help.

Does anybody else know what else could be causing the performance issues?

Its probably that you're using ie 11. What took u guys so long, ie is already outdated :lol:

Did you try chrome?

I wish we could use what we wanted but we are mandated to use certain software by our overlords. Our Intranet works best with IE, but since going to 11.. it's been nothing but performance issues.

Open up the developer bar and have a look at the request as it goes out, you should get a better idea. Is it taking a long time to fetch? Or is it the actual download speed?

It's taking a long time to fetch the Intranet page(s). Our WAN speed is fine, it's just internal fetching..

Yep- have the same issues at work - many medical/insurance company websites require explorer 11 in order to log in. I hate how slow it is. Terrible. I always use Chrome or Firefox when possible.

Have you setup the "Use the proxy server except for addresses that start with the following entries" bit? i.e. the proxy bypass list?

I wish we could use what we wanted but we are mandated to use certain software by our overlords. Our Intranet works best with IE, but since going to 11.. it's been nothing but performance issues.

If other suggestions fail...try installing IETab in Chrome or FireFox and see if it still has issues (I'm guessing it will since it just renders IE inside of Chrome/FF...but worth a shot).

@S0ULphIRE: I have not tried this yet, but I will see how it works out!

@carnageX: I just added this to my chrome and seems to be working very well. Will also have other users test it out so see how it works. Good find!!

@PP Mguire: Hahaha, I just chuckled at your first line :D

Back
Top Bottom