Internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozeepat

Solid State Member
I am hoping someone here can help. My daughter's computer is running WinMe and IE6.0. She is having a problem with certain sites. For instance, in Hotels.com there are calendars. When she clicks on them to open them, the computer beeps but the calendar does not open. She has the same problem on other sites. One other example is on her health insurance site ,when she clicks on "other plans the doctor belongs to", she gets the same reaction. However, there are some sites that do not have that problem. We have compared all the IE6 properties on her computer with the properties on my computer and they are all the same,yet I do not have the problem.
Again, hoping someone here can help and thanking those in advance, I am,
Pat Napolitano
ozeepat@optonline.net

And I'm assuming you didn't find anything. Then I don't know what the problem is, sorry :( . I suppose you could try reinstalling IE.

It's very difficult to answer the question .. it would help if u were more specific .. ( in terms of the sites ..'coz i could not find the calenders link on hotels.com)

Some of the reasons i could think of .. is that the Java virtual machine's not installed .. or some plugin required like flash .. or somethin' else .

So what i would suggest is ..try a reinstall of IE .. or rather try another browser like Crazybrowser or Opera

Thanks for the help.
I tried re-installing IE6,but the computer responded that all the files were there and IE6 did not have to be installed. Finally I was able to re-install it and the same prolem exists. Also, I downloaded the lastest version of Java. And yes the link for the calendar does not work.

What exactly is the link to the calender? It would help if we could see what it is you're trying to access.

*edit* Has the calender worked previously?

Thanks for all the help. I found the problem through another forum. Just for the record, she had a pop-up stopper activated.

Kool..... thats a common problem...and thats one BIG reason why I love google toolbar... hey guys this is a common problem while using certain online gaming websites...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom