internet dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
Hello all,

My internet isnt working anymore here are the details:

I have a wireless router, and I was downloading a large linux distro about 3 gigs I think, then this morning when I removed it from my torrent client my internet wouldnt work.

It detects my wireless signal but wont let me access my router settings or go on the internet via a browser(IE, FIREFOX,OPERA none work). I know there is a faint connection as google appears but with no pictures downloaded but it wont let me search also no other wepages appear they just load but nothing shows.

I thought it might be a port problem such as bittorrent has jammed it somehow.

I have a 2nd computer which is fine and can connect to the net and my router settings.

Also I have run adaware,windows defender, spybot and virus scan. Iv also done msconfig and disabled all my startups but to no avail :( has anyone had a similar problem and can help?

ok Sadly Im not at home at present, but will have to try it later. I did:

ipconfig /renew but didnt do the release does that just get my ip address again?

I also turned off my modem and router and also reset my router wouldnt that be similar too doing ipconfig /release and renew ?

I really need help Id rather not have to reinstall windows.

I did ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew then reboot but it didnt help. Anyone else got any ideas?

Is their software to see what ports arnt working and which are?

does windows fix , by pressing r have anything that can fix this problem?

What Torrent client are you using ? I use bitTorrent and have had similar issues lately.
Anyone have a better client ?

I use bit comet, using it right now as a matter of fact, try to reinstall your network card, or post a hijackthis log, maybe something has infected you lsp layer

Ok on my second computer in the properties it has AEGIS (IEEE 802.1x) protocal I dont have that on mine dont no if that matters.

I checked my event viewer and found the following errors:

default gateway not recognised

these errors show up in the event viewer for DHCP:

The lease 192.168.2.2(my ip from router) has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1(my router)

this appears as a warning and says your network card has been given the following ip address 169.254.##.## (blocked the ip just incase)

also another thing to note is in device manager i have other devices with a yellow ! next too then these include:

PCI bridge device
PCI memory controller
SM bus controller

thanks for helping me warezmonster Iv had a similar problem before when downloading but had to refornat think its time i actually found out the problem.

I dont have hijackthis at the moment will have to get it and shall post a log when i do. Does any of the above mean anything or do you notice something wrong?

Go to windows Update. Get the drivers needed for those devices.

They dont have to do with you ethernet adapter. But the PCI Bridge and PCI memory controller are always good to have.

It sounds as if you router needs to be reset back to default settings. It seems as if it got a junk connection now with your PC since the torrent client messed up some settings on you. I have had this happen before.

Try to reset the router with the reset button. Then unplug the router, modem and turn off you PC. Then plug in your Router, then modem, then turn on your PC.

That might help you to acquire your IP with your router again. Without a format.

ok thanks everyone i`ll try this all out sadly im off for a couple of days but I shall post back with how I got on, heres my hijackthis log file if anyone can see something dodgy or odd let me no please :)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:01:47, on 03/03/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5296.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
e:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\aniServ.exe
E:\Program Files\AutoMate 6\AMTS.exe
E:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
E:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
E:\Program Files\AutoMate 6\AMEM.exe
C:\Program Files\FirefoxPreloader\FirefoxPreloader.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54729
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=55245&clcid={SUB_CLCID}
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "d:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kav.exe" /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiskeeperSystray] "E:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoMate6] E:\Program Files\AutoMate 6\AMEM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Firefox Preloader.lnk = C:\Program Files\FirefoxPreloader\FirefoxPreloader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1140401917605
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: talkto - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Airgo Networks NIC Service (ANISERVICE) - Airgo Networks, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\aniServ.exe
O23 - Service: AutoMate 6 (AutoMate6) - Network Automation, Inc. - E:\Program Files\AutoMate 6\AMTS.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - E:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - e:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - d:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kavsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - E:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

That looks decent. I dont see anything that shouldnt be there. But of course i just started to read Hijack This logs. Maybe wait for Warez to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom