Internet connection when reformating hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
i have a dial up connection through Tiscali, will just coping the Tiscali folder onto CD and then copying onto the reformated hard disk mean the internet will still work?
I think it would but i want to be sure before doing anything.

thanks

Depending on your OS and your modem. XP Has OEM drivers for alot of different 56k modems. If your not running XP, chances are you'll also have to reload the drivers for your modem before you'll be able to get online. Even if you have XP, I'd suggest going online and downloading the drivers and burn them to disk prior to reformatting your drive, unless you have the installation disk that came with the modem.

If this is a program then there should also be registry values that is associated with the program, therefore copying only the program folder will not do anything at all. Make sure you have the CD to reinstall or that you have the setup.exe file

Good luck!

it might work. i know the compuserve directory can be copied and it will work on any xp computer running it from the copied folder. the best thing you can do it try it before you format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom