Internet or computer problem?

Feedoo

Beta member
My internet connection has been very weird lately. While browsing, pages often instantly don't load, giving an error message, or they just don't load properly, without a layout.
I have to keep trying every website and link until it works, which can take several tries. When they load, though, the loading speed seems good as usual.

So what's happening is:
-webpages deliberately refuse to load just after I enter a link or click something, giving an error message
-they often load improperly, without a layout, just text
-I have to retry the website for it to work, but when it does, loading speeds are normal
-some advertisements from websites also show up as error messages, as if they couldn't load

This feels like a virus problem for me, but I've done a full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, deleted some threats, but nothing happened.

What could the problem be?

Tried clearing your browser cache? Tried different browsers? Tried resetting the modem router (unplug for a few minutes and plug back in)? Tried bypassing the router completely and plugging directly into the modem? Is this the only computer that it happens to, or does it do this to other computers in your household as well?

Tried clearing your browser cache? Tried different browsers? Tried resetting the modem router (unplug for a few minutes and plug back in)? Tried bypassing the router completely and plugging directly into the modem? Is this the only computer that it happens to, or does it do this to other computers in your household as well?

I've clearing the cache, different browsers, resetting the modem but it still happens.

Another computer in my household, which is connected to the modem via wi-fi, also has this problem. Can I ultimately conclude that this is an internet/modem/provider issue?

Have you tried hooking up to hardwired to the modem?

If it's doing it to multiple computers, I would probably lean towards modem/ISP issue.

Do you have just a modem? Or do you also have a router?

Install a free software called ccleaner it clears the browsing data and cache. This helps improve the speed of the browser.

Back
Top Bottom