Internet cant be accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamiksaiaja

Baseband Member
Can someone help me please. I can access internet before but suddenly I couldnt access internet. Dontknow whats wrong. even I have tried turn off my firewall.

but when I telnet to my adsl modem/router, I view my NAT list, I can see quite afew (around 10) links from different port to outside world ip and port. dont know why its like that.

Please advise
thanks

if that doesnt work ^^^^ ...turn the computer off...unplug the power cord for about 15seconds...plug it back in and see if that works...if that also fails try reseting the adsl modem

I know that this might not help, but never turn off your firewall for any reason.

Here is what might help. Look into your firewall and look at the list of applications that are allowed to traverse the firewall. This list must include your web browser and dialer, if you have one. I am on excellerated dialup. Don't know if broadband users have a dialer or not.

Thanks for all your suggestion, Its fixed, I disable my router NAT. and it works. why? dunno. Anyone can help me to explain it. I used NAT before and it works

NAT (network address translation)

To extend the reach of the IPv4 address space, companies have turned to using private IPv4 addresses through a public-to-private address translation technique known as network address translation (NAT).

NAT works by using the several million private addresses that have been put aside by the Internet Engineering Task Force, turning a public IP address such as 192. 156.136.22 into a private address, such as 10.0.0.4, for delivery to a user's PC. Private IP addresses cannot be "seen" by the Internet, and therefore may be reused by various enterprise networks.

In conjunction with a NAT-enabled gateway or router device, a privately addressed network may hide hundreds or thousands of hosts behind a single public address. The NAT device differentiates among the PCs by translating their port numbers into unique values.

But NAT is limited by applications such as streaming media that transmit IP addresses or port numbers in the payloads of packets. Such applications require that NAT take on application-specific knowledge and perform additional computation.

Worse, because NAT typically resides in a boundary router between private and public networks, it can't function with IP Security (IPSec), the popular encryption technology for virtual private networks. IPSec requires true end-to-end handshaking in order to set up initial encryption rules. Once encrypted at a client system, IPSec packets cannot be modified - or recognized - by NAT.

hmmm so according to the email above, i assume my router will require NAT to be enabled for me to get to the internet, right?

but i only can access to the internet when I disable the NAT in my router.

If I enable the NAT, i couldnt access to the internet

update the firmware? but why in the current version of the firmware, only NAT disable can acccess to the internet?

My router actually is a modem. Its an alcatel speedtouch home which is a single port modem. I just flash the firmware to enable my modem to act as a pro version. Is it because of that reason, I couldnt really use the NAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom