Internet Browsers - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Buy or Don't Buy?
Buy 17 60.71%
Don't Buy 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Netscape and Firefox are both Mozilla based. I use Netscape and all of my users at work are forced to use Netscape.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ima like IE 5 better then Firefox and i use both.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

If half the people in this forum new what they were doing, no matter what browser they use(d), they won't have any troubles. A browser is a browser. Just exactly how many of you have had a security issue where you personal information was stolen using any browser? This browser war is like saying Linux in better than XP and it's safer. It's just as safe as the user is using it. You don't take care of your system, it won't take care of you. Same with your vehicle. A lot of people hate specific cars, lets say Chevy for example. So they say Chevy is junk and so on. So they like Ford better for whatever reason. They all have problems, they are man made, browsers are man made too. It take user input to build it so obviously, it's not perfect. As more and more people start using FF or Opera, etc. There will be just as many exploits etc as IE. In my opinion, I like IE, has worked well for me. Since microsoft has fixed all exploits, etc up to date, I beleive they are more secure than any other. That's just me thou. Someone else with a different opinon on a diferent browser, will say different.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
If half the people in this forum new what they were doing, no matter what browser they use(d), they won't have any troubles. A browser is a browser. Just exactly how many of you have had a security issue where you personal information was stolen using any browser? This browser war is like saying Linux in better than XP and it's safer. It's just as safe as the user is using it. You don't take care of your system, it won't take care of you. Same with your vehicle. A lot of people hate specific cars, lets say Chevy for example. So they say Chevy is junk and so on. So they like Ford better for whatever reason. They all have problems, they are man made, browsers are man made too. It take user input to build it so obviously, it's not perfect. As more and more people start using FF or Opera, etc. There will be just as many exploits etc as IE. In my opinion, I like IE, has worked well for me. Since microsoft has fixed all exploits, etc up to date, I beleive they are more secure than any other. That's just me thou. Someone else with a different opinon on a diferent browser, will say different.
Most of what you say is true, however they have not fixed all of the ActiveX exploits. they refuse to fix them because that will take away their ability to track you.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

the best browser for now

The new Netscape Browser provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms Internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs than any other browser. Security
The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure.
• Control security settings on a site-by-site basis.
• The Netscape Browser will default your settings according to trusted partners, which can help protect you from Phishing scams and sites that distribute SpyWare.
• Netscape Browser gives you access to the best of traditional Netscape browsers, the new capabilities offered by Firefox and the extended compatibility of Internet Explorer.

Tabbed Browsing

Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window.
• No more desktop clutter with multiple browser windows.
• You can also have Netscape Browser automatically open ALL of your favorite sites every time you launch.
• Our enhanced tabbed browsing makes your experience more intuitive and efficient. Toolbars

Multibars let you customize up to ten different browser toolbars that you can access with a single click.
• Quick access to live news, stocks, shopping, and more.
• Customize local information with content like live weather and movie showtimes.
• View RSS feeds from ANY page with available feeds on your toolbar.
• Create custom toolbars of your own with news tickers, bookmarks, or anything you like.

Formfill

The Netscape Browser makes remembering passwords and form data simple.
• Passcard can remember all of your usernames and passwords and automatically enter them every time you go to your favorite sites, while keeping that information under lock and key.
• Fill in your identify and personal information once, and Netscape Browser will remember and enter this data into web page forms for you.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Alex4R Send a message via Yahoo to Alex4R

I completely agree with Warez Monster - the only reason I use a certain browser is because I am used to it, and I like the look and feel. I use Firefox mainly because of adblock and my other extensions.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Adblock is nice. But who really needs it? Only people with a cap or slow internet connection. I also block lots of ads with Opera, but I don't need the feature. It's just cause I haven't upgraded/un-installed my browser and it is still blocking them.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Alex4R Send a message via Yahoo to Alex4R

Well, I am on dial-up. But I don't like seeing ads on webpages. I like for them to look clean. I don't know why, it's just a personal preference.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
True Techie

You need to add Other to the list, because I use neither of those. Well, sometimes I use IE or Firefox, but mostly I use the SBC Yahoo! browser.
RAM:1Gb (2x512) Samsung DDR400 PC3200 3,3,3,8
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM SATA 200GB
VGA: Diamond Stealth Radeon 9200SE
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430W
Old 04-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

ive said something like that before.. but i agree fx is safer, however i also say that NOTHING is perf so it does depend on the user. but also i like the extensions so... i agree that fx and opera or safer and i also agree that it depends on the user. no one is safe if they are stupid.

Closed Thread