internet audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
how would i go about getting this song on my computer without having to stream it from the server. i found the file in my temp folder but it is a dat file. i looked at the properties in wmp and it says its using the wma codec to play it so i tried changing the ext to wma, didnt work like it has for some other things. if i can play it whenever i want by goin to the url then i should b able to play it whenever i want straight off my hdd without having to use the bandwidth everytime or having to dload it everytime i clean my temp files out.
the url for the song is this mms://gwmod10.streamos.com/wm10/e0/34/e034e3a3d7e44ed815bed0e38cd87c40-401848db.asf#0;1.000;0;0;1:2
i appreciate ur help

already tried that, its a demo and isnt released on cd yet, not to mention i would never recommend to someone installing something as spyware and crap filled as kazaa. k-lite is the way to go

Try right clicking on the link then click save target as. If it doesn't work try finding the actual file the dat file may be just a link to the file on your hard drive run a search for it.

the dat file is almost 2 megs, its not a link to another file. i cleared all my temp files out first then went to that site so i knew that everything sitting in my temp folder had to do with that site. everything else in there was pics and shiat like that. i kno its thats file cuz if u look at the properties of it of and find where it came from its from that server. and if open the where it came from in a browser it opens mediaplayer and starts playing the song. so wtf do i do with this dat file cuz its obviously the actual song but is it encrypted or whats the deal. i want to make the dat file playable netime and convert to mp3 or whatever. i already kno its in wma format cuz mediaplayer is using the wma codec to decompress and play it. i checked in properties and ive tried renaming the dat to wma but doesnt work, of course it couldnt b that simple like it has with other things.
ne input at all is appreciated as it may lead to the correct answer.

record it as you are playing it and save it as whatever file type you want i.e. wma or mp3

use total recorder to record it. it can record any sound from your computer. you cannot save the file probably because they wanted this protection. so they could protect the song from being downloaded but still let people hear it before they buy.

thanks ek, i'll try it out. just curious tho how exactly are they protecting it. is it encrypted or what and if so how does wmp kno how to decrypt it or is it in a different format and gets converted while playing etc. just wondering if neone knos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom