Interesting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpshureih

Baseband Member
Hey all, I had an interesting question run my be today at work which i didnt know quite the proper way to answer and told the guy i would look into it. I co-worker of mine recently purchased a dell computer and bundled with it came Adobe Acrobat 6 unregistered. He asked me what can stop him from taking that un-opend package and selling it online? Is there any legal issues against that. He and i couldnt find anything regarding that which stated otherwise aside it from being a registered copy, or a pirated CD. Anyway, i wanted to get some other feedback on this before i say its ok to do.

It is a difficult question to answer. I deal with license and legal issue's almost on a daily basis (bastard mac users always copying software!!!lol) anywho...so long as it doesnt specify on the cd which usually it does something like "DELL" "NOT FOR RESALE" etc etc...then I don't see why not...so long as already mentioned as he does not install it on his machine then sell it to someone else that would be a big no no...

However do note that usually this software is preloaded on the machine itself and the cd's are just for recovery. If it is preloaded then he can not sell it unless he uninstalls it...even at that most larger companies who bundle software will only let it run on that vendor's machine...so that software may only work on a DELL.

I had him bring in the software today, doesnt say anythign about for dell only or not for resale. All it says is it has a big sticker on the front that says for bundles only (actully from what i remember the instide of the cd says for bundles only not to be sold sepreatly) (then again isnt dell selling it to the consuder sepreatly from a bundle with a computer) Also what if sold in a bundle of 2, i belive that might be legal for this matter. .

Anyway thanks for the responses, ill let him know what you said.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom