Intellitype 5.0 changed my settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flogzero

Beta member
I installed Microsoft IntelliType pro 5.0 on my system.

I soon realized that now whenever I was simultaneously holding down 3 keys on my keyboard and depressed 4th key all at the same time the computer would not register the 4th key.

This may not seem important but while typing quicly some keystrokse do not register. I have uninstalled IntelliType and the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The multiple-key-press issue is not software related. It's hardware related. Pressing too many keys simultaneously overloads the channel, and you'll either get ghost-key responses, or missing responses.

I'm not sure what you would do in typing that would require you to hold down four keys at once. Aside from gaming, or using editors, there's not much reason to (unless you have some funky key-binds setup in your word processor).

If you can't get around this (either by process or dexterity) I would suggest switching to another keyboard. I use a MS Natural Elite, and only encounter this problem if I'm pressing more than 5 keys at once...which is tough since each of my hands only has 5 fingers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom