Intel Processor and stuff!

Zarth

Solid State Member
Hey!

Now i don't know where--or when i heard this, but I heard there was something you could disable or enable or whatever on an intel processor to make it distribute the processes it's running evenly among all cores. I feel like this would have been useful on some games with known slow loading times and ones that don't use all four cores for things such as loading(Like say, total War: Shogun 2) to help fix these times maybe, perhaps?

Just wondering if anyone else knows if this would work?

Please feel free to berate me with rude comments and call me an idiot if i'm wrong. =)

/discuss.

I've never heard this one specifically about Intel, but depending on the program, there may be settings to lock a process to a certain core. But usually windows will distribute a process as it sees fit. With vista and 7, things have been pretty good.

You mean Hyper Threading?

It wouldn't be Hyper Threading,it would just be threading / multiprocessing in general. The application has to be developed for multiprocessing/multithreading to split itself up among the CPU cores. HyperThreading is the feature on Intel CPUs that "duplicates" the amount of cores, to split each physical core into 2 virtual cores.

Back
Top Bottom