Installs and uninstalls freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock.travis

Solid State Member
When I attempt to install or uninstall random programs and videogames, I run into problems. One of my more aggravating items is when I try to install Frontpage 2003. It will prepare to install but then it freezes. I have to close the program in the task manager. If I attempt to install it again, I get an error message telling me that an install is in progress and I must finish it before installing another program. Unreal tournament 2004 gave me this problem as well. When I attempt to uninstall ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Sprint, the un-installation freezes too. I have run defrag, scandisk, Norton WinDoctor, ad-aware scan, and Spybot scan. Nothing has helped. Any tips?

Nope, no luck. I tried Advanced Uninstaller PRO 2004 and it still freezes when i attemp to unintall. Here is the screen it freezes at when I attempt uninstall.

abbyfup.jpg

Where it says, gathering required information, thats where it stops.

This is the only error i get. otherwise, it just freezes...
error.jpg

But i only get this error if i try to install again before rebooting.
When the installs freeze, i have to end the process in the task manager.

To resolve this issue, start your computer in Safe mode, and then install Office. To do this, follow these steps.

NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Restart your computer. When the Startup menu appears, press F8.
2. On the Advanced Options menu, select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER. Click OK to close the "Safe Mode" notice.
3. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
4. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
5. Click Add New Programs, and then click CD or Floppy. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Restart your computer in Normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom