To resolve this issue, start your computer in Safe mode, and then install Office. To do this, follow these steps.
NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Restart your computer. When the Startup menu appears, press F8.
2. On the Advanced Options menu, select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER. Click OK to close the "Safe Mode" notice.
3. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
4. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
5. Click Add New Programs, and then click CD or Floppy. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Restart your computer in Normal mode.