Installing Windows XP onto a blank Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I get back to 'BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER'. Is this the point where I shouldn't press or do anything?

JumpManboy said:
Then I get back to 'BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER'. Is this the point where I shouldn't press or do anything?

you leave the cd (it still need stuff off of the cd) in the drive and then do nothing.

make sure you boot order in the bios is
1.cd rom
2.0 IDE hard drive
3.floppy

You guys are all absolute legends for helping me out like this. I've spent 15 hours trying to get the new computer to work so your help is more appreciated than you know.

JumpManboy said:
You guys are all absolute legends for helping me out like this. I've spent 15 hours trying to get the new computer to work so your help is more appreciated than you know.

so you got it working, right?

Well, no but I'm still grateful.

If I don't have the CD in the drive and I don't press anything then it just stays at 'BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER'. If I do have the CD in the drive then it goes to Set-up.

well try this. boot from the cd. let it copy the files. when it go to restart, go into bios and take the cd rom off of the boot menu. save the change and exit. when it restarts make sure the XP cd is still in the drive

it won't boot off the cd now, so it should resume setup

it all happens beacuse you wouldnt have installed the drivers/controllers for your hdd...
when the blue screen appears first...
there will be a option press f6 to install SCSI driver..something like that i'm not pretty about the exact pharse....
anyway..press F6 and install SATA controllers
provided for your HDD...
this will solve the problem......i believe

saravanakumar said:
it all happens beacuse you wouldnt have installed the drivers/controllers for your hdd...
when the blue screen appears first...
there will be a option press f6 to install SCSI driver..something like that i'm not pretty about the exact pharse....
anyway..press F6 and install SATA controllers
provided for your HDD...
this will solve the problem......i believe

oh I didn't notice that he had a sata drive. he didn't mention it and I don't pay that much attention to signatures

That's it! My new computer is officially up and running! TRhank you so much for all your help, especially you last two posters, you have made my day.

I'll be back on here once my new computer is up and running under broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom