Installing Windows Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuong

Baseband Member
I am building a new computer and was wondering if I have to buy a new OS or could I use an old one?

lol well retail will but with OEM you can phone up M$ and say you had to reinstall and its asking u to reactivate and they should give u a key to put in. (you will still need the serial for them)

You can reinstall an old OS on a new computer as long as it is only on one computer. If it is still on another computer, you can't have the same one on both. I have installed old retail and OEM on new computers. The only problem is that if you use it on both computers within a short period of time, it won't let you activate without calling microsoft. Then if you call and it won't allow you to activate with the automated phone system, it will send you to a live representative. You will explain your situation to them and ensure them that you are only using the OS on one computer, then they will give you the code. Usually if you haven't activated that OS for a long time, it will work the internet or automated way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom