installing windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got the hard drive and the CD drive confused? The hard drive is the one that needs jumpers. Not the CD drive. Correct?

No if the hard drive is IDE as well as the CD/DVD is IDE they all need Master/Slave/Cable Select jumper settings. IF not then the PC will not know which device is set for master/slave and will not be able to use the device properly.

This was solved with SATA cause they have independent channels that they operate on. With IDE you must have a jumper. If the device doesnt have one then there is something wrong.

Replace the drive with one that has jumpers and i can almost bet that the issues go away.

i know why my computer wont see my HD because my GX1 can only see HD max 120gb so the only way for it to see my 500gb is to get a controller card and to be fair my computer isnt worth it i might aswell get a new computer

i know why my computer wont see my HD because my GX1 can only see HD max 120gb so the only way for it to see my 500gb is to get a controller card and to be fair my computer isnt worth it i might aswell get a new computer

take a picture of the back of your hdd and post it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom