Installing Win2k-Pro Onto NEW System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I have 2 new computers on the way. I'll be receiving the parts for them tomorrow and on monday (bought from newegg). I also ordered copies of win2000 pro to install onto them. Will i need to do anything special in order to install the os onto the new systems? Is it like a win98 install (just get the cd working and go straight to disk - setup file)? I've never installed win2k pro before so i'm just getting some preliminary info before i get started. I heard that with certain versions of winxp you need to download files for floppies and install that way.

Any info/help is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Win2k will boot right of of a cd to install...just pop it in and let it install

i dont think floppies have anything todo with it. i think it depends on if you can boot from the cdrom or not. if not you need floppys

The only thing you might need to do is change your BIOS settings. Make sure the Boot Order is set to boot from CD-ROM. Once that is confirmed put the CD in then reboot and the magic happens!

Thanks guys. Traditionally what i've always done is from dos just went ahead and installed my cdrom drivers (i have them on floppy) and then i stick my cd in and go (without messing with bios). I guess, in the case that i don't have new cdrom drivers for the new cdroms i've ordered, i'll just change bios to boot from cd and then go.

Good to know it won't be a problem. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom