Installing video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
this question comes from my repeated freezing up in bf2, and someones solution i need to update my drivers. i have a sapphire x850xt pci express. now, it came with two discs, a catalyst 5.3 disc which i used when setting up my comp, and a redline tweak verserion 2.3 which i didnt use. on the ati site i saw that there is now a catalyst 5.7. now my question is whether i need the redline software, or the new catalyst. and if its the 5.7 catalyst, do i need to uninstall the old drivers or will running the exe auto update them to 5.7. thank you

do i uninstall by going into device manager hardware, then the display adapters? i have two listings though under display adapters. Radeon x850 series and Radeon x850 series - secondary. sorry i just dont want to mess anything up and want to be sure. thanks

ok well i followed the instructions on that page, and i downloaded catalyst 5.7 with catalyst control center. i uninstalled the drivers, installed the new ones, and it seems to work, but when i boot up, or when i try to open catalyst control center i get an error saying "CLI.exe - app error. the application failed to initialize properly" is that important or did i get what i needed? thanks again

It sounds like the Catalyst software didnt install correctly. It might have installed your drivers correctly you need to check you device manager to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom