Installing Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about the other drive issue. Just do a fresh install as I outlined above. Your Sig says you have 2 drives installed that's why you got the suggestion to take out the slave until windows is up and running.

ohhhhhhh take out the slave HDD.. i have the Raptor as my master and the Caviar as the slave so ok i'll take out the cavair. is there no way to delete the partition from BIOs? becuase i don't have a bootidsk from any other OS. but how do i get back to the setup menu for the OS?

how do i set my SATA drives master, slave? i thought you didn't have to jumper them? and when i try to get back to that menu i was at before i installed WinXP, it just goes back to the installation? how do i get back to that screen were it shows were to install?

That protocol is defined in your bios. There is a place in our bios to define to boot protocal for yor SATA drives. Initially, It might be easier just to take out the slave for now and install windows on the 10k WD drive. You need your XP cd. Go into the bios and in the boot priority section, You make your first boot device the cdrom, then the hd and floppy. You bios will then boot to the cd and you will be prompted to hit any key to boot from cd and you will then enter XP setup. Once in setup it will find traces of the originally installed OS and then choose the one that does not keep the current file system intact and then do the format (not the quick). Let us know what happens.

ok well i took out the master one bcause i am going to try to install winXP on my 250GB one. i reset CMOS and i am going to the screen were it says "Award BIOs ect Main Proecssor Ram, HDDs, Optical drives. press DEL to go to setup press F1 to continue or something. i put the CD ROM in and nothing happens so i'll try to set the priotiry to the CD drive first. :D thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom