Installing the OS on its own partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrusso

Beta member
Hi gang,
First let me say thanks to the sponsors of the board. This is a great resource with many knowledgeable people here. Also thanks to those folks who seem to hang out here just to help.
I know that I've read several times that it's a good idea to install your OS on its own partition in case you have to reinstall it. I've got a new Raptor and I want to install XP on it. I thought I'd give the separate partition thing a try. I figure I'll need a partition size about 30Gb, and I'll probably have to move my favorites and documents to the larger partition.
Is there anyone with experience on this that could share some tips on doing this right?
Is it worth the trouble?
Best regards
Larry

Hey lbrusso
welcometotf2xr9.png

Loads of people install their OS, on a separate partition. In my opinion, it helps keeps things organized, between the Windows files, and your personal files. When you install Windows, it will give you an option to set the size of the partition, you want for the OS. 30GB is a good size, for an OS partition.

in addition, if u have OS in separate partition, in case of anything, viruses, crashes, whatever it is and u need to reformat, u wont lose your personal files. so yeah, you should definitely install OS in another partition.

Thanks. I'm sorry for being late to reply. Been sick as a dog for the past week and I'm only just now getting back here. Thanks again.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom