Installing New Windows 2003 DC in an Existing Windows 2000 Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo

Solid State Member
i am trying to Install a New Windows 2003 DC in an Existing Windows 2000 Forest so i executed adprep /forestprep on my existing windows 2000 DC and it showed an error which is attached with the log files.

Plz help ...

ADPrep Log File:

Adprep created the log file ADPrep.log under C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20060212111050 directory.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\schema.ini from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch14.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch15.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch16.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch17.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch18.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch19.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch20.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch21.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch22.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch23.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch24.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch25.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch26.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch27.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch28.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch29.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\sch30.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\dcpromo.cs_ from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\data.

Adprep copied file C:\I386\409.cs_ from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\data.

Adprep successfully made the LDAP connection to the local domain controller DCMABROOK.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is (null).

LDAP API ldap_search_s() finished, return code is 0x0

Adprep successfully retrieved information from the local directory service.

Adprep successfully initialized global variables.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep is continuing.

ADPREP WARNING:

Before running adprep, all Windows 2000 domain controllers in the forest should be upgraded to Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with QFE 265089, or to Windows 2000 SP2 (or later).

QFE 265089 (included in Windows 2000 SP2 and later) is required to prevent potential domain controller corruption.

For more information about preparing your forest and domain see KB article Q331161 at http://support.microsoft.com.

[User Action]

If ALL your existing Windows 2000 domain controllers meet this requirement, type C and then press ENTER to continue. Otherwise, type any other key and press ENTER to quit.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is CN=UID,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mabrook,DC=com.

LDAP API ldap_search_s() finished, return code is 0x20

Adprep successfully determined whether Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX (SFU) is installed or not. If adprep detected SFU, adprep also verified that Microsoft hotfix Q293783 for SFU has been applied.

Adprep was unable to upgrade the schema on the schema master.

[Status/Consequence]

The schema will not be restored to its original state.

[User Action]

Check the Ldif.err log file in the C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20060212111050 directory for detailed information.

Adprep was unable to update forest-wide information.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep requires access to existing forest-wide information from the schema master in order to complete this operation.

[User Action]

Check the log file, Adprep.log, in the C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20060212111050 directory for more information.

schupgr Log File:

Opened Connection to DCMABROOK

SSPI Bind succeeded

Found Naming Context DC=mabrook,DC=com

Found Naming Context CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mabrook,DC=com

Found Naming Context CN=Configuration,DC=mabrook,DC=com

Current Schema Version is 13

Upgrading schema to version 30

ERROR: Failed to transfer the schema FSMO role: 52 (Unavailable).

If the error code is "Insufficient Rights", make sure you are logged in as a member of the schema admin group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom