Installing New Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
I just noticed a new 77.77 nvidia driver came out. How important is it to uninstall old nvidia drivers before installing the new one? I have never done this before; I always just installed the new one overtop and have never had any problems. Does it matter? And if so, whats the best way to uninstall the old ones completely?

Straight from nVidia...
Driver Installation Hints

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

New drivers come out cause there is isues with the old drivers. Now if you have seen problems running video or anything like that install the new ones. If you think that yours are perfect dont install them at all.

I don't think it will be a big update but as always it's a good idea to keep your system up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom