Installing Applications Diff HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbertoc

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
I just formatted my 4 HDD's and wanted to know something.
This is how im setting them up.

60 GB : Linux
80 GB : WinXP
80 GB : Blank
120 GB : Backup Drive

Now, I wanted to know if I can install the WinXp applications to the one that is blank ( 80 GB ) with no problems. I had to go real fast...soz ill post after ... can someone help with this part..

so instead of the program files being sent ti c:program files you want it to be sent to d: program files correct?

yea, I want the applications to be sent to the d: but like if a program needs to contact any other program for any reason i dont want it to cause problems.

hmm...but not just installing... how bout I actually movee a folder to the drive and use it from there...creating shortcuts on my desktop directed from that drive too.

thatll work too. I do that at work at all time like when a harddrive fails, I use erd commander to move the whole program files folder to the slave harddrive, and then make a shortcut and it works.

It'll work depending on a few things. Like, if it writes info into the registry or now. Usually when installing it will have a advanced mode, or show install and it will already have the path there (example C:\Windows\VisualStudio\blah blah blah). Just change the C to a D, or whatever drive you want it to be and install. This will ensure that registry entries are correctly entered and pointing to the correct areas. Like I said, though, it all depends on the program and this may not be needed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom