Installed Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENUWINESTATUZ

Solid State Member
I JUST INSTALLED WINDOWS XP FROM ME AND NOW I HAVE NO SOUND. ANOTHER FRIEND OF MINE IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEM. WHAT IS WRONG AND HOW CAN I FIX IT? TKS FOR THE HELP

Probably a driver probelm... Might want to check with the manufature of your Mobo (onboard sound) or Sound card, for the latest XP drivers.

Seems to be a problem with onboard sound more then a real sound card, but it's known to happen...

The problem definetly seems to be with the drivers.
Do u have a onboard sound card or separate.
Try reinstalling the sound card, or download the latest drivers from the internet.

I have had the same problem and was that in the bios it had the onboard sound turned off. You may have to reload the sound card drivers or go into sounds in control panel to see if it even sees the sound card. You can look in device manager also to see if it sees the sound card installed.

well in systems manager everything seems ok. no problems. i will try and re-installing the drivers. i have a regular sound blaster 5.1. tks. ill let u guys know what happens.

what you might want to do before you reinstall the driver is make sure that the old driver is uninstalled then reinstall.

Is the cable in the right port and is the volume up? ;) may sound dumb, but its a comon mistake...

yea they r on...id made sure to check..thing is prior to installation, it was working fine with windows me.....

the sound card is the old regular sound blaster live!

this was one reason i had put off in upgrading to xp. i have a laptop with xp and its smooth. i like xp.

An SB live is actually autodetected fine on Xp ..
Check if there's any conflict or any coruppted drivers ..
Try changing the PCI slot on which the card is .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom