installed windows media player but cant see windows media connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I installed Windows Media Player 11 on my laptop today but can't see windows media connect application anywhere in my program files.

Windows Media Player 11

I checked in the control panel (add or remove programs) and there is no windows media connect listed there.

the WM connect thing is no more. go to options in wmp 11 to find your xbox connection

i was under the impression that the windows media connect is a part of the windows media player

i am not trying to connect the xbox but a philips media streamer (streamium)

i was under the impression that the windows media connect is a part of the windows media player

i am not trying to connect the xbox but a philips media streamer (streamium)

it is now. it wasn't before. it was called windows media connect 2.0. if you google it now, you are not likely to find it since it's implement in wmp 11 now. you should still find the option for your media streamer in the same place as the xbox. I can't tell you exactly where (or post a pic) because I not longer use wmp 11. I hate the skin and the long load up time

Okay here are a quick couple of questions.

1. Have you got all the updates for WMP11 after you installed it? there was a few.

2. Are you sure that the Phillips Media Streamer can connect to WMP11?

Other than that have you checked for other things. It might not be called Media Connection. Or you might have to look someplace else.

Check under the Library tab. Use the Down arrow and try the Media Sharing. There is also something close to that under the Sync tab as well. They might be in there.

Okay here are a quick couple of questions.

1. Have you got all the updates for WMP11 after you installed it? there was a few.

2. Are you sure that the Phillips Media Streamer can connect to WMP11?

Other than that have you checked for other things. It might not be called Media Connection. Or you might have to look someplace else.

Check under the Library tab. Use the Down arrow and try the Media Sharing. There is also something close to that under the Sync tab as well. They might be in there.

that's where it should be.

thanks for the replies,

i installed windows media player 11, where there any stand alone updates for wmp11? or would they be obtained automatically by the installer?

i am not sure is the phillips media streamer can connect to the wmp11. i am going to try it out, if it does not, then i will use another upnp av server

i can see the media sharing option under the library, does this mean that the windows media connect is present?

i had installed windows media player and twonkyvision and one of the pgrams grabbed hold of the network connections form the windows operating system. does windows media player do that?

the media sharing has turned up two devices, (simple centre installed on the same laptop as windows media player) and an unknown device, is there any way of knowing what the IP address of the IP address is?

i was playing with turning sharig on and sharing off, and sometimes the device appears and sometimes it disapperas, do you know what the reason for that could be?

Okay to answer your first question yes there was some standalone updates thru windows updates for Windows Media Player. At least on XP there was i just checked under Vista and there isnt any.

The Windows Media Connect is integrated into WMP11 so it is always present jsut not under that name anymore.

Yes under the Library Tab. Use the arrow and click Media Sharing. It will give you the option to connect to your Network.

If the sharing is turned off it whouldnt recognize the device. Cause it cant share with it at that point. With it turned on it can share with it so it should recognize it.

thanks for the reply,

i am using windows xp,

so, windows media connect is not visible independently, and i dont need to start it, if i simply start windows media player, windows media connect is automatically started, correct?

funny thing is i hve turned on the sharing on the n95, but i cbt see it in the media sharing feature windows media player (windows media connect?)

i guess the standalone updates woud have been installed, correct?

Yes with WMP11 Windows Media Connect starts automatically. Nothing needs to be started.

I would say that the updates need to be installed for sure. That might help. But i would also wager to guess that the device isnt WMP11 compatable which is also leaving you with some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom