Installed win7 but got a small problem i need fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Just installed win7, it runs like dream and im really pleased with how everything installed itself and i didnt have to do a single thing:thumbsup:

BUT whenever i view pictures my GPU (nvidia 7600GT) fan spins up really fast like a hair dryer, and then 10seconds after ive closed the pic viewer it slows down again, this is SO annoying.

Any ideas folks

Ive just installed Rivatuner which lets me set the speed and ive created a profile and saved it, clicked apply and ok etc, but it STILL spins up when i view pictures.

It used to spin up in winxp aswell, but not when i view pictures, and the fan control used to stay at what i set it to unlike in win 7.

Its so annoying, im thinking of buying a card with no fan, that will shut it up:lol:

The fan spinning is for a reason! It is to stop the card from over heating. So if you really want the card to get damaged by the over heating then yeah try to stop the fan. But it would be ill advised.

You can try EVGA Precision, it is like RivaTuner but better.

yeah i know the fan is there for a reason, but it didnt do this in windows xp, and i used to play battlefield 2142 and even then i couldnt hear the fan.

I guess its a windows 7 thing

That's because Windows 7 is more graphically intensive than XP is. Disable Aero and all the other fancy visuals and it probably won't do it as much then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom