Installed versions vs Portable versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Installed versions have additional files that tie it to that machine and OS. There are registry entries, personal data and personal folders that are created that are not created with the Portable Versions.

No. Installed versions have additional files that tie it to that machine and OS. There are registry entries, personal data and personal folders that are created that are not created with the Portable Versions.
So which version is better then? Portable since it has less actual space/changes to your system and can be used anywhere?

The best version is the one that works for you. If you are on the move a lot or dont wish to have programs lieave stuff on the PC then the portable would be fine. If you dont care about them having stuff left on the PC at all times, ability to save your preferences and so on then the full version is better.

It is all about what is right for YOU. It doesnt matter what I say. It doesnt matter what anyone else says. I use the full versions on my home PC's and use the portable versions on a USB Thumb Drive for when i go places. So that i dont have to install software on other peoples PC's and i can use the programs i want. But that is for me.

The best version is the one that works for you. If you are on the move a lot or dont wish to have programs lieave stuff on the PC then the portable would be fine. If you dont care about them having stuff left on the PC at all times, ability to save your preferences and so on then the full version is better.

It is all about what is right for YOU. It doesnt matter what I say. It doesnt matter what anyone else says. I use the full versions on my home PC's and use the portable versions on a USB Thumb Drive for when i go places. So that i dont have to install software on other peoples PC's and i can use the programs i want. But that is for me.
Oh ok, thanks :). Guess I'll stick to the install versions on the laptop :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom