installation restrictions on winxp sp2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default installation restrictions on winxp sp2

anyone knows how to restrict installation for all programs on win xp using users with admin capability? any program suggestions? i just dont want to limit the access on my user. thanks in advance!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender
Default Re: installation restrictions on winxp sp2

Right click my computer, manage, local users and groups, users. Set everybody except you in the users group and put yourself in the admin group.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: installation restrictions on winxp sp2

thats just the same as setting a user to limited mode. i dont want to do that because a limited user cant access other users "my documents" folder. i prefer the other users of my pc to have admin priviledges, but i just want to disable installation for all programs.
Closed Thread