Installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensiferum

Solid State Member
I get this error as I do a dvd-rom of a specifik game do in my DVD-player (autostart: install.exe). I have this error also had with another cd-rom.

foutmelding15ij.png

If I go to DVD-station and click on setup.exe on that dvd-rom, I get the error that in Setup.exe an error is and the program must close.

But the weird thing is: In another computer it's working good. So the error must be coming on my computer, maybe in installshield/demoshield.

I have already tried some things like copy all files to my computer and then start the setup.exe or install.exe file, but the error stays.

Code:
AppName: install.exe
AppVer: 8.0.100.1040
ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0   
Offset: 03020302n...
Code:
AppName: setup.exe
AppVer: 10.50.0.125
ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0   
Offset: 0013f1ccD

I hope somebody has got a solution!!!

PS: Sorry for the bad English.

Turn off windows error message and see if it still come up. You might need to reinstall the installshield.

control panel, system, advanced, error reporting, disable error reporting and also ucheck the box beneath it

Is your system totally up to date? If so you might need to uninstall the Installer 3.1 from your system and reinstall it. Either that or check to make sure the windows installer is working correctly.

My system is up to date I think.

Where can I uninstall the Installer 3.1 and where can I find the Installer?

The installer can be found on microsofts windows update page. I think you can uninstall it in add/remove programs. If not, go to windows updates and do then ALL.

It doesn't in add/remove programs, I have the latest windows updates.

BTW: Can I try to install the game in Safe mode?

Look for "Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)" in add remove programs. If it's not there, go get it off the downloads page at MS.

Also, check the version of ntvdm.exe in %systemroot%\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom