installation failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lathief

Beta member
Hi,friends,
I downloaded critical updateds,xp updates and driver updates and after installation it also states that the install was successful. When I go back to the Windows Update site all the updates available for installation again.I downloaded and installed again and and again repeating it several days.Each time the downloading and installation is successful but when go back to update site it is there again.still it failed.Please help me.
regards
lathief

Are you positive you are rebooting after each of the patches are installed? Otherwise they will not take effect. Very important when is asks you "YES" to reboot now you do so and do not hit the "CANCEL" to manually reboot later button..or at least from what I have seen.

on that same note if you go into the Control Panel and ADD/REMOVE programs yuo should see a huge long list of Windows XP Hotfix files...then the hotfix name.

Hi Win2kpatcher,
Thanks for the suggestions.I tried rebooting after each patches.still the updates are there again when i go back to update site.
in the controll panel i can see two of the pathes out of three as installed,but when i go to update site all three are there io be installed again.

Hi,Microbell,
Thanks.in the restallation history it says all the three installation is success ful.but when rescaned for updates all three are there to be installed again.I can see two of the updates installed in the C-windows hidden folders. but when i go to windows update all three are there to be installed again.
fire wall is enabled
lathief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom