Install Windows 10 in Desktop ASUSPRO D320SF - P4EHDPL1 with Preinstalled Endless OS

waghela

Beta member
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a computer that brings pre-installed Endless OS.
The problem is that at the time of formatting I get 4 partitions on the disk, of which I do not know which ones can be formatted and which do not.
The partition are as follows:
• Drive 0 - Partition 1 - Total= 62.0 MB - Free Space= 52.0 MB - Type= Sytem
(Message in this partition: " Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this harddisk space. The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP)")
• Drive 0 - Partition 2 - Total= 1.0 MB - Free Space= 0.0 MB - Type= Primary
• Drive 0 - Partition 3 - Total= 927.5 GB - Free Space= 0.0 MB - Type= Primary
• Drive 0 - Partition 4 - Total= 4.0 GB - Free Space= 0.0 MB - Type= Primary
(Message in this 3 partition: "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is of an unrecognized type")
In the Endless OS the size of "Computer" item is 951,9 GB, with 980,1GB available.
When I access the UEFI BIOS in the "Boot Option Priority" appears:
• Boot option # 1: Endless OS (PO: Toshiba DT01A)
• Boot option # 2: UEFI OS (PO: Toshiba DT01A)
My question is this:
Which of the 4 partitions can be formatted to install Windows 10 without compromising the functioning of the computer?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to dual-boot it, or simply replace Endless OS with Windows 10? There are many ways to go about all of this...

I want to completely format the hard drive and subsequently do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.
But I'm afraid that any of the 4 partitions contain data that is necessary for the computer to function. For example, I do not know if partition 1, which appears as "EFI system partition (ESP)", is the UEFI BIOS for the computer or if it is a partition that is automatically created when I install the operating system.
I also do not understand why partitions 2, 3 and 4, whose sizes are respectively 1.0 MB, 927.5 GB and 4.0 GB all have 0.0 MB of free space, and in ENDLESS OS, for example, the size of the item "Computer "has 951.9 GB free

Back
Top Bottom