install some sort of windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, i ran fdisk, created a partition, tried to format c: said it can't format a network drive or something, so then i booted a winXP cd and formatted it that way(in fat) so now i'll see if ican do something with it.

after that i tried formatting it in dos and now its letting me format it in there.
\
and one more questiong, i dont need a server but watever cd i can get to work will be fine, should i use the w2ksp2 cds from compaq and copy the i386 or use my windows 2000 server cd and copy the i386?

ok, it worked so far, started copying files but i ran into this, i'll check the windows cd to see if i can find the file there.

ok, now i ran it off my other 2k cds and its working fine so far, i'll post again if i have any other troubles, after its done doing the setup, will i just restart my system and it will finish setup?

oooo man microsoft has the stupidest excuses to waste customers' time and JUST to make sure someone doesnt get within a few seconds of getting their software free.....didnt work, tried the compaq cd...booted from the winnt.exe, installed, didnt work, tried the same on the 2000 server cd, rebooted, no os installed, so now im back on xp..w/e im pissed so wat, Microsoft is gay, not my problem......im just glad they'll be going down soon unless they turn around from being so stupid

ok, well thanks for the help, i got ahold of an NT cd, works fine, but why does some security software such as norton antivirus or some titles from Norton Systemworks not work on server OSs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom