Install question

chara33

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to install windows 8 on my desktop. When I get to "where do you want to install windows?" I am getting a message of "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click load driver." I then click load driver. Next window comes up asking me "to install the devuce driver for your drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files then click ok.. Note: installation media can be a cd, dvd or a flash drive."

Where do I get that from?

thx

Edit: i am in BIOS and under boot order, next to hard drive order it says no HDD. I hit default settings and it still says the same. What do I need to do plz?

Last edited:
I do not think it is a bad HDD. I am in BIOS now, under boot tab it says hard drive order it says no HDD..

Someone said to me it sounds like controller is set up for IDE. I looked under advanced tab looked under drive configuration and "configure SATA AS" it says IDE, when I highlighe ide and hit enter I have the option of IDE, RAID, AHCI. Which one do I pick? Also under SATA port 0, 1, 2, 3. It says not installed. Do I need to change something there?

Plz advise. tkx

Last edited:
You'll want to try AHCI.

If BIOS isn't detecting an HDD at all, though, then either the HDD isn't getting power, the data cable is unplugged (or bad), or the HDD itself is bad. If you put your hand on the HDD while the computer is on, can you feel any vibrations, like it's spinning or on?

Check the power / data cable connections (make sure they're secure). If they're both secure, try a different port on the motherboard. Failing that, try a different power and/or data cable. Failing that... then make sure the HDD is recognized by another computer.

Back
Top Bottom