Install issue

Huh?

UEFI is Secure Boot functionality.

This enabled your system to run more than 1 OS. UEFI was implemented as a security measure, but can be manually disabled to allow other OS's to be installed (i.e. bootloader rewritten).

I just told you what to do: disable UEFI (or Secure Boot... different BIOS's call it one or the other usually) and you should be able to install another OS.

Carnage, How does one disable it plz if that is the case?

Ok guys, i saw this window before it booted up into windows:

Please select boot device

---> UEFI boot sources
.......Legacy boot sources
--------ATAPi cd-rom
-----------ATAPI cd-rom
-----hard drive
-----------sata1
-----Network controller (atheros boot agent)

Does anyone know what will happen if I move the arrow down to Legacy boot sources? If I choose that will that be the first boot device which will enable me to install windows 8 on the other partition I created? If so, should i leave it selected that way so there will not be any issues between the 2 OS's? Please let me know.

thx

Last edited:
Ok, tried it but still get the same error. Oh well, I have to decide to get an external DVD burner and use the internal connections from my dvd burner and use it on my other hard drive. IT is a PITA. Does it matter if the list looks like this now after disabling and then enabling UEFI boot sources?

---> UEFI boot sources
-----------usb floppy/cd
-----------usb hard drive
-----------ATAPI CD-ROM
.......Legacy boot sources
--------ATAPi cd-rom
--------USB FLOPPY/CD
-----------ATAPI cd-rom
-----hard drive
-----------sata1
-----Network controller (atheros boot agent)

PLZ LET ME KNOW.

THX

If this helps anyone on setup, I found something called "run UEFI application...." but I dont know what is suppose to do even after googling it.

To those who might have same issue as I did. You have to disable UEFI and under legacy boot sources I had to choose Sata directly in order to install win 8 with 7.

Back
Top Bottom