Install Error Code: '1722'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
I have an app that is having a **** of time trying to install in Windows Vista. Halfway through the install a window pops up: "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected." Apparently, this error code is common in other programs as well, with even some registry fix patches available. What I'd like to know, if its possible to FORCE install a program, or if there's a workaround solution to the MSI Windows installer.

Okay what application? Are you sure it is Vista compatable at all? Have you tried using XP SP2 compatability? Are you trying to run it as administrator?

There are many more ways to try and isntall something on VIsta rather than just hitting install. Until you ahve tried them all like stated above i wouldnt go off and saying Vista is ****.

Insert the CD. DO NOT auto run the setup. Go to Computer and explore the CD. On the setup.exe or setup.msi right click and go to properties. In that windows click the compatability tab and check the box for XP SP2 mode. Clikc okay. Now again DO NOT run the installer. Right click again on it and Use the option "Run as Administrator". That should allow the application to install.

That is if it is at all compatable with Vista. Some applicaiton are not Vista compatable at all and you have to wait for the software makers to get ou their Vista compatable software.

But yet again i need to know which applicaiton it is before i can tell you if it will work on vIsta at all.

I tried ALL of the above...with negative results as usual. The software app is called: ArtMaster Pro and can be downloaded here if anyone wants to fool around with:
Fo2PiX product download area

A suggestion was made to use the: Windows Installer CleanUp Utility....but that didn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom