Install 2000 over XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccskorn

Baseband Member
I have Windows XP and I don't really like it, and I had Windows 2000 Pro, and want to install that. I set my CD-ROM as first boot device, and when I have the 2000 Pro cd in it, it just boots XP. And if I put the cd while XP is running, it won't let me install it by disabling the setup.

You're not going to be able to install 2000 over XP unless your reformat anyway. Use a boot disk, reformat/repartition and then install 2000 fresh.

try booting XP and then install 2000 while XP is booted, it will be a bit easier and it may solve your problem, unless of course u just want to reformat.

Why don't you like XP? Anyway, you'll need to do a fresh format. I've tried the suggestion the guy above me suggested one time and it didn't work. Microsoft didn't design its operating system with downgrading in mind.

Had to reformat like posted above, but backed all my files on a DVD-RW. All updated w/ SP4, I I like it a lot better than XP. Feels more like Windows 98SE which is what I had before, and what I liked. Also runs faster than XP, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom