Insering CD boots up System - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Insering CD boots up System

I have a grave problem. It happens that whenever I access my CDROM Drive my computer reboots. I had checked CDROM on another system it is working fine. Also I had checked Power Supply, Data Cable and jumper setting of my CDROM. All are absolutely fine. I could not understand were the problem is.

Firstly I was using Windows 98, then when I got the problem I formatted my C:\ Drive and loaded the windows 2000 Server but the problem remains same. ie. In 8 out of 10 times System Reboots when CD is inserted in CD Drive and it starts to rotate. I also tried to boot my system with Windows 98 boot disk (With CD Rom Drive) but the problem remains the same. System booted on
accessing CDROM. The Specifications are: P III (550 MHZ), 128 MB RAM, Mercury i810 DST Motherboard and Samsung 52X CD R/RW. Plz help me as soon as possible. I personally think that the problem is related to Hardware conflict or some Device drivers , but could not make sure were the problem is.
Closed Thread