Inordinate Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
ok, so this is my problem: for a LONG time, i have gotten used to getting a blue screen of death every 4-6 hours of time i spend on the computer playing World of Warcraft. this wasnt a big deal since i dont often play for that ammount of time.

more recently, the number has almost doubled. ill blue-screen out every 1-3 hours, if that late. i have NO idea why this is... i could copy the text if you like (of the blue screen)... is this common with world of warcraft?

-Phate

List all Components. (Power supply and Cooling setup specifics are required)
Does it happen in all games or just a specific one?
Write down the Blue Screen message and post it in next reply.
Update all Drivers, windows and Game Patch.
Try lowering the Graphic settings within the game(s).

Download Speedfan 5 and list tempartures it gives.
Download Memtest 86 and burn to disk run for 6 hours, write down and report amount of errors at completion.

List pagefile information.
List all running proccesses.
Using google and msconfig uncheck all unneeded start up entries.

Report Back.

ok, well i cant give EVERYTHING right now (gotta run some of the stuff :D) but heres what i HAVE:

Components:
Dell Dimension 4600, with these upgrades
2gb Patriot Signature Ram
FSC 500w PSU
Nvidia GeForce 7600GT video card
new fan

it just happens in WoW, dont get crashes in other games, and not when im not in WoW either.

all updates/drivers are up to date, and i keep them up :D

i tried lowering the grafix (was recording a video, so everything was on lowest), and still crashed.

ill get more soon.

list of running processes, not during the crash, but this is fairly normal:

AdskScSrv.exe
alg.exe
csrss.exe
CTsvcCDA.EXE
diagent.exe
firefox.exe
iPodService.exe
ishost.exe
ismini.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
jucheck.exe
jusched.exe
lsass.exe
msmsgs.exe
MsPMSPSv.exe
nvsvc32.exe
qttask.exe
rundll32.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe
VC8SecS.exe
winlogon.exe
wmplayer.exe
wscntfy.exe
wuauclt.exe

pretty long list eh?

ok, got speedfan... i dont have any temperature things in the comp, so it only lists HD temp... which is 38C, thats fairly normal right?

also, memtest is a boot-disk thing? i dont know how to do that... can someone walk me through it?

also, what is pagefile?

Blue Screen Text

ok, heres the bluescreen of death text, minus the "if this problem persists" and "contact your administrator" stuff. just the stuff that wasnt form.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000044, 0x00000008, 0x00000001, 0xB9611BFB)

*** P16X.sys - Adress B9611BFB base at B95FB000, DateStamp 3d6f2ccc

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

does this mean it is a driver problem? becasue as far as i know everything is reasonably up to date...

Re: Blue Screen Text

Phate said:
ok, heres the bluescreen of death text, minus the "if this problem persists" and "contact your administrator" stuff. just the stuff that wasnt form.

does this mean it is a driver problem? becasue as far as i know everything is reasonably up to date...

Usually indicates bad RAM, or the overclock is too high if you have one.

Download memtest86 burn to disc, enter CMOS setup, change boot priority to CD-ROM (Or FLoppy if burned to a floppy disc). Boot off it and let it run for 6 hours. Record the amount of errors and state in next reply.

thats not good... bad ram? =\ ill run the memtest tonight...

but ill tell you now: i havent overclocked ANYTHING. ive not even delved into that area, dont want to fry my chips :D

i avoided ESD (bracelet thing) while installing... so i dont think they could have been damaged by ESD... could heating cause something like this? because they are so power-intense that they ahve their own heatsinks... they might not be getting cooled properly.

It could be overheating, Download Motherboard Moniter 5 and see if any more temps are listed since Speedfan is not working for you.

i got motherboard, its the same stuff. only shows my CPU speed as 2392 mhz, otherwise its 0c across the board... i think there arent any sensors on this thing, because its factory dell stuff.... they wouldnt spend the extra money to put sensors on :D with all their proprietary ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom