infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeetroot

Beta member
Can anyone tell me how I can get my infrared communicator (on the back of my laptop) to do other things like serving as a remote control for say, the TV. What software will let me do this?

Ta.

i think he wants to be able to turn the tv on through his laptops infared port. no clue on how you'd do it though

I dont think that a software is available for that.
Theoritically speaking it can be done. However i do think that the signal strength of a laptop infrared port is less than that of an actual remote control.
Do u know of someone who has that?

If something can do this i am ALL over it. Being able to sit in bed surfing the net AND chnaging the channel on my Laptop. OMG i would be in HEAVEN!

I have seen this... there is indeed a peice of software that looks like a remote on your laptop screen and allows you to change tv channels and hifi settings.... i encountered this somewhere while looking for software to use over infrared with my e700 mobile phone...

thing is i cant actually remeber where i saw it... so will have a think and get back to you... have you looked on download.com... as they sometimes have bizzare little bits of software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom