INF file txtsetup.sif corrupt or missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton

Baseband Member
When I try to install windows xp home.

inf file txtsetup.sif corrupt or missing, status 3xxxx

Any thoughts? I searched here with no luck.

This is an answer file its looking for...what kind of install disc is this? Did you buy it from a store or it came with the computer?

unless you are using a auto build disk then it should not need the file, is the disk scratched in anyway?

do you have anyway that you can search the disk for the file? (i.e anouther computer)

Win2kpatcher said:
This is an answer file its looking for...what kind of install disc is this? Did you buy it from a store or it came with the computer?

Copy. But its worked before.

just because it worked befor dont mean it will work again. I would suggest using a slower speed drive or make a new disk

chrisds said:

do you have anyway that you can search the disk for the file? (i.e anouther computer)

Sure thing, I am posting from my other computer. So if the file isn't there, just import one from somewhere else?

Warez Monster said:
were you able to get to your desktop?

Sorry for not making it clear. I just built a fresh rig and I'm trying to install Windows XP Home on it. And now I have this problem.

Warez Monster said:
how will you import it?

I'm thinking off dragging all of the files from the Winxp CD to a temporary folder. Then import that file (I don't know where, I'll find one) into the folder and then rewrite everything to the CD.

Won't work that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom