incredimail - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default incredimail

has anyone heard of incredimail?
I'm just wondering if it's spyware or what it might do... anyone got any info on it?

crickett : )

"I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems."
Cosmo Kramer
Old 09-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

It puts something called " incredifind" in your IE registry settings....each time you enter a wrong URL in IE you are redirected to or something. It is detected as syware by some programs

TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
Old 09-22-2004, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Just don't do it. lol
Besides, it's an Outlook clone, so just use Outlook.
*\'Failure\' is not a four-letter word.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ooh, I'm gonna get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for this (lol) but I've been using Incredimail for two years, and I wouldn't be w/o it! I've never had any problems with it, and have never come across or even heard of incredifind?
As for it being an OutLook clone.....hmmm, I beg to differ! I wouldn't use OutLook again if someone paid me!!!! lol

None of my spyware programs detect it as such.

I love it, I'll sing it's praises forever!!!!! lol
You can dl a free version, and if you find you start getting problems, then simply unistall it! It's not gonna do anything to wreck your system. Thousands of people use it all over the world, if there was a major problem with it, I think we'd all know about it by now?!

Of course, this is just my

Old 09-22-2004, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to NeoNemesis

I've used it once or twice. Its more fit for like a five year old or something with the pretty colours and the animations. And its a pain in the *** to uninstall if you decide to. It leaves all sorts of things. and besides that if you dont pay for the full verison you get riddled with ads.
<font size=\"4\" <a href=\"\">My Forum</a>
we are just starting out so we need you to join!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

i been using incredimail for years now i never had a problem with it its realy user freindly try it if you dont like it bin it
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800
at 2.76 ghz
dfi lanparty expert
PCI-E *Extreme Edition* GF7800GT *524 Core 1250Ghz Crucial Ballistix 2 x 1 Gig DDR 500 PC4000
20\" DELL Ultrasharp 2005FPW Midnight Grey Widescreen LCD Monitor
wdc wd5000 akas-aatmao ata
wd 2500jb external
pioneer dvr 108
lg gdr8161b dvd rom

\"640K ought to be enough for anybody.\" - Bill Gates, 1981[/size]
Old 09-23-2004, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Originally posted by NeoNemesis
Its more fit for like a five year old or something with the pretty colours and the animations.
lol some of us like pretty colours & animation in our emails!!!! some of us are really big kids at heart that like a bit of fun!!!

But, everyone to their own!!!!

Sorry Crickett, but doesn't look like you're gonna get a straight answer!!!! The world is divided on Incredimail!!!! lol

Old 09-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to ADZ

For home use - I would say sure, go for it. But for business, when you need reliability, i'd go with OE or something else.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I use both Incredimail n' Outlook 2003.

I would agree with ADZ that incremail would be great for home use .. Mail friends etc ..
For official use ..i would prefer to stick with Outlook.

N' also incredimail is a little heavier in terms of it's memory footprint.
Screenshots of my Desktop.....Post ur\'s too :D

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.
Creative DDTS100 Decoder, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speakers

Search TF B4 u post { Thanks for this one! Emily :) }
<form action=\"\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Old 09-24-2004, 07:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thanks folks... I was looking for some different responses. I'd never use something like this for business... I believe business e-mail should always be professional. Now, home stuff... I have to agree with MistyMina... some of us definitely are just big kids at heart. I'm one of them.
Thanks for the replies... I just might give it a try... hey worst that can happen is I have to format my HDD! LOL

crickett : )

"I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems."
Cosmo Kramer
Closed Thread