Increasing volume to audio out jack

Omoplata

Golden Master
I listen to music through ear buds all day at work. Most of the time I just use my phone, but sometimes (like the past few days) the Verizon network is working like crap and I am forced to use my PC. I like my music loud. Loud enough to drown out ambient BS around me. The PC audio just doesn't go up that loud. Is there any way you know of to increase it beyond what it is now? I'm looking for something pretty simple that wouldn't require software installation or anything.

Is this for online streaming radio, or for locally-saved music files?

Either way...you're pretty much gonna have to have additional software.

Either some kind of EQ program or something like VLC Player which allows up to a 200% volume level.

or something like VLC Player

This is what I use all the time, I stream the online radio though VLC Then use its volume feature to bring it up to about 200%. Works like a charm with my ear-buds aren't loud enough for me.

However, if your looking for a hardware solution, I'm pretty sure you could buy a headphone amplifier (I'm not very good with audio equipment, but something like this should work):

http://amzn.com/B005JT8OT6

Wow- how loud , is LOUD!! with decent earbuds I cant get even stand 1/2 PC volume. How loud is the Ambient noise level environment you are in? Can you use a set of noise cancel earbuds? I can understand if you are using a very high end headphone set up to use a headphone AMP- But for earbuds?? Maybe get your hearing checked - you may have an issue and are further causing damage.

Thanks guys. I was able to mess with the settings within the enhancements tab and improved it a little bit.

Acer- I definitely do not have hearing issues. I just like it loud and and like to drown people out. One person especially...

NO worries ... just have treated several people with bad "tinnitus" = ringing in the ears, who listen to music too loud on earbuds/earphones and they do permanent damage to their ears.

"one person especially" = so your married.... or is it your boss? LOL

NO worries ... just have treated several people with bad "tinnitus" = ringing in the ears, who listen to music too loud on earbuds/earphones and they do permanent damage to their ears.

I honestly don't know how I don't have that. It has happened but only after a couple of times after a loud concert.

+1 LOOL

Back
Top Bottom