inaccessible boot device.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
well....i just got this p3 800 runnin'...specs below...

it was runnin' for3 days now?? about that anyway.....i left it running because it took at LEAST 10 pushes of the power button to start and the mobo battery was done for...so it wouldn't keep the bios settings....

so i come home today..and i've got the blue screen of death....ran out of memeory.....okay.......been ther done that....reboot....now the blue screen comes up half way loadin' window's 2k...sayin' i've potentially got a virus....SAME firewall settings, SAME anti virus stuff being ran.......yet it says this......it runs perfectly fine for the past 3 days until now.....

replace the battery. It might not work though. my p3 600mhz asus had me cold restarting 30-60 times before posting, then it stopped working all together. got a new battery, didnt work.

during the times it did work, I had alot of blue screens... this could be relative to your situation, perhaps.

Replace the CMOS battery so that it retains settings for a start.
The fact that it takes several attempts to start the PC probably won't be solved by a new battery but could be caused by either :
dodgy power switch on front of PC
dodgy psu (the 'power good' pin on the ATX connector to mobo won't allow the system to boot unless it detectd sufficient voltage).

I would also test the RAM using something like memtest86 that can be run a boot disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom