Improve DivX Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
I'm running a pretty old computer. I have some anime episodes downloaded, but whenever I try to play them back, the audio and video becomes unsynchronized.

Comp Specs:
Windows ME/Mandrake Linux
Pentium3 @ 866mhz
256mb PC100 RAM
~30gb. Windows partition on hard drive
No graphics card.

Is there any way to improve the playback on my computer, without resorting to major upgrades? I don't have that much money, and stuff that works with my computer is hard to come by these days.

I do have my computer set up to dual boot with Mandrake Linux. Is there a DivX codec for that operating system? Would it perform better than Windows?

Thanks for your help.

On my laptop, which is a little faster than the one you have listed, I get framiness in winamp, but VLC improved this greatly. It is a fairly small download, and is worth a try (it will play just about anythign imaginable, even quicktime videos)

Pentium3 @ 866mhz
256mb PC100 RAM
~30gb. Windows partition on hard drive
Ever thought of running XP or 2000 on that system? ME is troublesome...

As for your question, i would recommend downloading a different media player, or downloading a divx codec.

talldude123 said:
Ever thought of running XP or 2000 on that system? ME is troublesome...

As for your question, i would recommend downloading a different media player, or downloading a divx codec.

I've thought about upgrading to a different OS, but right now I don't have that much money.

I downloaded VLC, and it works great on my comp. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom