Imaging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
When making an image of your computer, is it ok to be browsing the internet when doing so? If so, will there be any issues when restoring?

thx

Sure is, I do it here and there unless the product specifically reads not too then you are fine. Whatever is on the pc during the live image is what will be on it when you apply the image to another pc or use it to restore the pc its on now. I much rather boot into the program CD and then create the image so its Fresh instead of Used.

Yeah, I normally like to use my acronis cd which boots without using any OS which take about 1.5 hours. I usually does this once a week. I was thinking on doing this when I add new software or hardware or just once a month just for the sake of doing so.

I was then thinking imaging once a week while I was browsing the net or whatever. Does that sound OK to you all?

thx

PS> Just curious, what do you use to image your drives. Hope to get a lot of responses here.

I use Acronis Enterprise Server 9.0

At home I dont image, at work I image only computers. Laptops have a image built into them so I use that and just clean it up to my specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom