Imaging problem/Duplicate computer names -

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeOx

In Runtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.

I have imaged 4 Dell Dimension 6100's with an image I created from a Dell 6000. Image was the 6000's HD.
I connected one to a network. Worked well.
However, when I tried to connect the other Dells to the network, I got an error message stating that there were duplicate computer names - even though I changed the names of all the Dells.
In fact, all the Dells see only the original name of the computer name of the original imaged computer.
No mater how many times I attempt to change names, all the Dells see is the imaged computer name.

I've imaged before and have never had this problem happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Are you seeing this over the network? or does it keep changing back in Control Panel>System>Computer Name?

If it's over the network, it's being cached. Clear the cached by doing.

nbtstat -R

Depends on what mood I'm in, if I'm in a good mood I really don't get too mad, but can still be annoyed enough to to curse a little. When I'm in a down mood I feel like doing something so I play online games (which is probably a bad idea).

I might knock a button or two off my keyboard in extreme cases, and I even punched one of my speakers; but I try not to do this. Usually when I get this, I am in need to take a break.

I'm not really into angry gaming. Ok, there are times when I get bent out of shape at the behaviour of others in Warcraft...but I just put them on my ban list and move on. It's just a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom