Image Ready Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
Okay, here's my deal. I want to post an animated avatar or sig. I've designed and made both. BUT! When I try to upload them, I get an error saying that I need to have them saved as the usual .jpg, .gif, .btmp etc. And all I can save them as is .psd. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right menus. But any help would be appreciated.

give me a screenprint of what you are doing. do you have the option to "save optimized as"? and also if you made it in photoshop are you opening the file in imageready first?

Isn't Imageready just an extension proggy of Photoshop? If you can save for web with PS, can't you with this proggy?

Anyway, if that's not there, look for an "export" option in the file menu.

no it is not an extension or a plugin within photoshop. imageready used to be a separately installed application in previous versions, but now it comes bundled with photoshop and can be installed at the same time during photoshop installation. it does have close integration with photoshop because you can switch to imageready through photoshop while working on a document.

yes there is an export feature which i think is for outputing to a scanner or PDF, but in his case since he want to make an animated GIF he should use the "save optimized as" option or "save optimized". "export original" would also not work in his case. the save optimized option in imageready is equivalent to photoshop's "save for web" option.

you also have to remember to save the photoshop file with the animation you created otherwise the layer, animation, image maps, and slices are lost because GIF does not save these features within the file.

Yes, I can "save optimized as" and yes I made the first image in photoshop, but every other frame/layer was made in image ready. My experience and knowlage of ImageReady is that I made it do what i wanted it to do. I don't know anything about slicing or most of the other features included. But I'll keep tweaking it and maybe I'll get it to work. But my new avatar/sig combo is good fer now. :)

photoshop and imageready both use the photoshop format, i think, which is .PSD

if you made an animation through imageready all of your layers, animations, slices, image maps will need to be saved as a .PSD file. when you make the frames for the GIF file you will lose all layer information if you do not save to .psd

you can open the PSD through imageready and voila everything is saved intact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom